Call for Nominations – Auditing and Assurance Standards Oversight Council
AASOC is a constantly evolving independent, volunteer body with its finger on the pulse of the ever-changing complexities of Canada’s business community. As reported by The Standard. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about playing a public interest role. Apply by September 9, 2016.
We are a constantly evolving independent, volunteer body with its finger on the pulse of the ever-changing complexities of Canada’s business community. We serve the public interest by overseeing and providing input into the activities of the Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (AASB) and the Independence Task Force of the Public Trust Committee – two bodies instrumental to the auditing profession.
Our broad range of public interest perspectives is critical to ensuring the profession’s standards are fit for purpose in today’s environment.
Past and present members include:
- the CEO of the Canadian Public Accountability Board;
- a Senior Director at the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions;
- the Chief Accountant at the Ontario Securities Commission; and
- senior lawyers and members in business and academia.
We Need You
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about playing a public interest role and have:
- some knowledge of the technical aspects of audit, other assurance and related services and independence standards;
- experience with financial reporting, audit and independence relevant to public companies, private companies, not-for-profit and/or governmental sectors; and
- background as a financial statement preparer, auditor, audit committee member, member in academia, or another type of user perspective.
Please note: You are not required to hold a professional accounting designation.
What’s in It for You
Visit TheGAAP.net daily to be kept up to date on accounting information, trends and changes.
Visit also for your CPD needs:
TheGAAP.net is the provider of up to date accounting information, trends and changes, serving Accountants and Business people interested in Accounting for their businesses.
Thank you for making TheGAAP.net your source for keeping up to date on accounting.