PSAB 2015-2016 Annual Report
Community: Developing High-quality Standards Together
Our Annual Report for the year ended March 31, 2016 provides the public with an account of our work done in serving the public interest by establishing accounting standards for the public sector.
This year’s report includes the following highlights:
- PSAB Chair Rod Monette’s message, which highlights the extensive work done to grow our stakeholder base and reach out to our community to engage them in standard-setting.
- An overview of the year’s accomplishments, including:
- the success of the conceptual framework project;
- continuing transitioning public sector not-for-profit organizations into the CPA Canada Public Sector Accounting Handbook;
- influencing the work of the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board;
- completing the post-implementation review of Section PS 3410, Government Transfers;
- commencing a new project on public private partnerships;
- approving a draft 2017-2020 Strategic Plan and a proposed one-year extension of the 2013-2016 Strategic Plan for public comment; and
- conducting continuous stakeholder outreach, in part through Public Sector Accounting Discussion Group meetings.
Visit TheGAAP.net daily to be kept up to date on accounting information, trends and changes.
TheGAAP.net is best known for “Filling in the Gaps for Canadian Accountants”.
Follow us as we fill in the Gaps for:
- IFRS & other accounting regulatory changes
- updated Accounting information
- changes in Accounting
- trends in Accounting
- other accounting best practices, and any other business issues affecting Accountants and Business people
We will fill the Gap by providing updates, articles, books, online resources, workshops, seminars and webinars.
Visit also for your CPD needs:
TheGAAP.net is the provider of up to date accounting information, trends and changes, serving Accountants and Business people interested in Accounting for their businesses.
Thank you for making TheGAAP.net your source for keeping up to date on accounting.