Recruiter Night: One week to go!! Sponsored by: Jeffrey Gregory of Desjardins Financial
Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc.
Free Raffle Prize: Garmin Dash Cam 35
Recruiter Night is Coming – October 24, 2017!!
Spots will go fast so reserve before you miss out!
This is an evening for all our members (whether working or in transition) to speak with and hear from a host of recruiters from many firms with different perspectives about the Finance job market and managing your career. Due to the large turnout for this event we are forced to limit attendance to 60 members.
Register as soon as possible!
- The 60 spots will be assigned on a first come first served basis.
- Attendees at the September 26, 2017 meeting will be first in line until October 5, 2017
- Registration must be done BEFORE the event including payment of $55 at that time.
- Registration includes selecting the recruiters you will meet with.
- Anyone arriving at the event without having pre-registered will not be able to attend.
Jeff Gregory of Desjardins Investments is our Sponsor. Details to follow.
The cost of $55 includes:
- Dinner: Weston Golf Club buffet with chicken, veggies, potatoes, salad, rolls ( a vegetarian option is available: send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Unlimited pop
- Coffee, tea, pastries
- Contribution toward Speakers’ dinner
6:00 to 6:30 PM
Start: Informal networking
6:30 to 7:30 PM
Rotation One and eat dinner while conversing at the table
7:30 to 7:40 PM
Break to change tables
7:40 to 8:30 PM
Rotation Two and Coffee/Dessert
8:30 to 8:40 PM
Break to change tables
8:40 to 9:30 PM
Outline of the Format
- There will be three rotations, so participants will be able to meet 3 recruiters over the evening.
- There will be one recruiter at each table with a maximum of 6 participants plus one recruiter.
- There are a variety of recruiters – perm type roles; contract type roles; different types of firms
- Each recruiter will stay at their table for the entire night and the members will rotate.
- Attendees will select which recruiters they wish to meet and will sign up in advance for the recruiters of their choice.
- The recruiter at each table will moderate the discussion.
- At each table, each person will give their elevator pitch to introduce themselves to the table. Maximum two minutes/person. Please prepare.
- The recruiter at the table could do their elevator pitch about themselves and their practice
- Each person at the table would ask the recruiter a question. We will go around the table giving each person a chance to ask one question a time. This will continue until all questions have been asked & answered or the time runs out.
- The depth of the questions would dictate how many times you go around the table with questions. Please be considerate of other participants with the amount of time required to answer your question. Be as specific as possible.
- Should questions start to run out at a table, a list of standard questions/issues will be provided so that each Recruiter can address. We will ask attendees to help in this regard by sending questions in advance that we will provide to all the Recruiters to help them prepare.
- Each segment would be 45-60 minutes;
- Time permitting, there would be a wrap up session at the end.
- Recruiters will be totally candid about the job environment and giving advice.
- All discussion as privileged between the participants and stays in the room, Hence nothing discussed at the event will have an impact on your career and/or job search so we encourage and expect full transparency. As participants you will also keep confidential anything that another participant asks or discusses.
Recruiter Panel ( listed in alphabetical order by last name )
- Brian Alpern- Interim Management Knightsbridge
- Dinesh Balakrishnan- Lannick
- Rhonda Dezenhouse- PTC Controllers
- Karen Finnemore- Morton Grey
- Mike Gooley- Clearview Executive Search
- Nadine Kazanci- Mason Group
- John Koopman- Spencer Stuart
- Bruce Simon- Robert Half
- Jay Siva- IQ Partners
- Kevin Tennant- Farber Group
Full biographies for all of the Recruiters will be posted shortly on
TheGAAP.net. We encourage you to also check them out on Linked In.
Remember, further instructions will be provided on how to select the recruiter table you wish to sit at once you have registered for the Event.
REMEMBER THE DATE: TUESDAY OCTOBER 24, 2017
Weston Golf Club
50 St Phillips Rd, Etobicoke, ON M9P 2N6