AcSB Meeting Agenda – September 21-22, 2016
The topics the Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) plans to discuss, in addition to routine updates, and anticipated actions, if any, are outlined below. Although current at the date prepared (August 29, 2016), this agenda is subject to change.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Accounting Standards Advisory Forum (ASAF)
- Gather input from the AcSB on topics to be covered at ASAF’s September 29, 2016 meeting.
Definition of a Business and Accounting for Previously Held Interests
- Consider the key points to include in the AcSB’s response to the IASB’s Exposure Draft, “Definition of a Business and Accounting for Previously Held Interests (Proposed amendment to IFRS 3 and IFRS 11).”
IFRS Discussion Group
- Consider potential changes to the IFRS Discussion Group’s mandate.
- Consider the AcSB staff paper on the economic substance of rate-regulated activities that will be presented at ASAF’s September meeting.
Standards for Private Enterprises
Consultation on Priorities for Part II of the Handbook
- Consider the scope of a potential project to consult with stakeholders about the relative priorities for future Part II projects.
- Discuss possible outreach relating to issues regarding the recognition of revenue.
Post-implementation Review – Financial Instruments
- Consider next steps regarding feedback received on the Post-implementation Review of Section 3856, Financial Instruments.
Subsidiaries and Interests in Joint Arrangements
- Consider an analysis of responses to the AcSB’s Exposure Draft, “Clarifications to Sections 1591 and 3056,” and approve the final amendments.
Visit TheGAAP.net daily to be kept up to date on accounting information, trends and changes.
TheGAAP.net is best known for “Filling in the Gaps for Canadian Accountants”.
Follow us as we fill in the Gaps for:
- IFRS & other accounting regulatory changes
- updated Accounting information
- changes in Accounting
- trends in Accounting
- other accounting best practices, and any other business issues affecting Accountants and Business people
We will fill the Gap by providing updates, articles, books, online resources, workshops, seminars and webinars.
Visit also for your CPD needs:
TheGAAP.net is the provider of up to date accounting information, trends and changes, serving Accountants and Business people interested in Accounting for their businesses.
Thank you for making TheGAAP.net your source for keeping up to date on accounting.