Budget Update; A Lawyer’s F.A.Q; and What happens when contract drafting conflicts with accounting principles? Sponsored by: Anita Pizycki CPA, CA – Registration is closing.
Registration closes off at midnight tonight!
Budget Update; A Lawyer’s F.A.Q; and
What happens when contract drafting conflicts with accounting principles?
Free Raffle Prize: Google Home mini
Join us on April 9th.
3 CPD hours
The following topics will be covered during this event:
- Federal Budget Update
Speaker: Josh Harnett, JD, TEP of Wilson Vukelich LLP
- A Lawyer’s F.A.Q. – Answers to Questions I Commonly Hear As a Legal Advisor to Accounting FirmsJames Lane will discuss some of the most frequently occurring legal and practice management questions that are put to him by partners and managers of CPA firms, including:
- The owners of my family-owned SME client are getting divorced and I am faced with conflicting demands for confidential information and other assistance. What are my responsibilities – and to whom?
- How tough should I get trying to collect from a delinquent client? Should I sue? Can I withhold the client file?
- My former firm is accusing me of stealing clients / My former employee is poaching my clients. Whose clients are they and what are the limits on fair competition to attract business?
- I think I might get sued. Do I have to tell my insurer? Do I want to?
- I have a bad feeling about this client. Should I resign? If I do, what are my continuing obligations?
Speaker: James Lane, LL.B. of Bersenas Jacobsen Chouest Thomson Blackburn LLP Barristers, Solicitors
- What happens when contract drafting conflicts with accounting principles?
Speaker: Ian Palm, LL.B. of Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP
This event will be held at the Donalda Club.
Location: Donald Golf Club: 12 Bushbury Dr, North York, ON M3A 2Z7 Free parking
- Cost $85.00 plus HST
- Reception (cash bar) – 5:30 p.m.
- Dinner – 6:00 p.m.
- Presentation(s) – 7:00 p.m. until 8:30/9:00 p.m., depending upon the speakers, topics and audience questions.
Great workshop, very valuable and inspiring. I would like to attend the workshop again………………….Chiedozie Megwa
Each event is fantastic! I learn something new every time that will help me in my professional and personal life. I hope to be a regular in TheGAAP.net events. Mrigank Kabra
The workshop was very informative and well organized, covering the relevant topics and providing the right amount of content. The audience had adequate opportunity to ask questions to the speaker and interact with the fellow attendees. It was a workshop worth the time and cost. Look forward to attending the future workshops. Kul Makkar Director ITA Canada