Cyber Security; and Are You At Risk of Outliving Your Wealth? – Live Webinar
Our next event will start at 6:00 p.m. on April 2, 2020. This is a live webinar
Register now to join us for another eventful evening.
2 CPD Hours – Cost only $59.00
- Cyber Security
Cyber risks are the risk of financial loss or reputational damage to an organization as a result of an information technology (IT) failure. 20 years ago cyber breaches were unknown; for example in 1997 only 1.7% of the populace used the internet. Today cyber threats are one of if not the most important concerns for many organizations.
This course is designed for accountants, auditors and other stakeholders who have responsibility for managing cyber risks. Although there are technological aspects of cyber security that are beyond the scope of this course the course is designed so that participants can identify cyber risks and respond appropriately.
This course will examine the following topics:
- Define cyber risks, both internal and external to an organization and examine why these risk are so difficult to control.
- Identify the high risk access points used to gain unauthorized access to IT systems.
- Understand the importance of staff training in preventing unauthorized access.
- Examine the legislative requirements that organizations must comply with to mitigate cyber threats. Discuss the Canadian Securities Administrators’ requirements for disclosing cyber risks.
- Discuss best practices so that your organization can be prepared to prevent a cyber incident.
Speaker: Philip Maguire, CPA, CA of Glenidan Consultancy
- Are You At Risk of Outliving Your Wealth?
Speaker: Uliana Tomiuk, CFA, MBA of Connor, Clark & Lunn Private Capital Ltd.
Within 24 hours of the webinar, we will forward you an e-mail with instructions for accessing the live webinar.
We look forward to seeing you at our upcoming events. Should you have any ideas for topics, speakers, sponsorship or anything else, feel free to contact Paul J. Calleri, CPA, CMA at 416-876-3798
Please note: For best audio quality, we recommend using external speakers or headphones.
Cost only $59.00
Great workshop, very valuable and inspiring. I would like to attend the workshop again………………….Chiedozie Megwa
Each event is fantastic! I learn something new every time that will help me in my professional and personal life. I hope to be a regular in TheGAAP.net events. Mrigank Kabra
The workshop was very informative and well organized, covering the relevant topics and providing the right amount of content. The audience had adequate opportunity to ask questions to the speaker and interact with the fellow attendees. It was a workshop worth the time and cost. Look forward to attending the future workshops. Kul Makkar Director ITA Canada
|Paul J. Calleri, CPA, CMA
Paul J. Calleri, Chartered Professional Accountant
Management Consulting & Accounting Servicespcalleri@thegaap.nethttp://thegaap.net/416.876.3798Proudly celebrating 15 years