Eric Gilboord’s Latest Interview November 2018 (21 minutes)
Please take a few minutes and watch my interview. It’s filled with short comments on a variety of subjects. I think you may find the topics pertinent to your business.
- Much older owners are now looking to get out.
- Next generation may have screwed up.
- Niche vs foreign commodity competition.
- Automation and leading edge technology.
- Innovation comes from established small niche businesses.
- Realizing opportunity currently under your roof.
- Sales and Marketing to go to the next level.
- Sell 70% of your businesses, work with the new owners and enjoy a huge windfall on your remaining 30%.
- Buyers are looking for unsexy below the radar companies.
- Buying platform companies.
- Protecting intergenerational wealth.
- Family businesses, ups and downs.
- Runaway bride.
- Fathers and daughters.
- Selling to your children.
- Families act the same in your business as in your home.
- Entitlement issues.
- Lots of options for Owners to exit.
- Work back from what’s in the best interest of the Owner.
- You don’t know what you don’t know.
- Surround yourself with an experienced team.
Cheers, Eric Gilboord
Visit TheGAAP.net daily to be kept up to date on accounting information, trends and changes.
TheGAAP.net is best known for “Filling in the Gaps for Canadian Accountants”.
Follow us as we fill in the Gaps for:
- IFRS & other accounting regulatory changes
- updated Accounting information
- changes in Accounting
- trends in Accounting
- other accounting best practices, and any other business issues affecting Accountants and Business people
We will fill the Gap by providing updates, articles, books, online resources, workshops, seminars and webinars.
Visit also for your CPD needs:
TheGAAP.net is the provider of up to date accounting information, trends and changes, serving Accountants and Business people interested in Accounting for their businesses.
Thank you for making TheGAAP.net your prime source for keeping up to date on accounting.