MODELLING FOR FINANCIAL VALUATION AND RISK ANALYSIS – Sponsored by Jeffrey Gregory
The CPA Toronto Accounting Group & TheGAAP.net: Present: MODELLING FOR FINANCIAL VALUATION AND RISK ANALYSIS
Sponsored by Jeffrey Gregory Of Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc.
Join us September 14th at 7:00 p.m.
Financial modelling is not only about finance.
Financial modelling supports our strategic analysis and decision making in business.
Is financial modelling complex? Maybe, but always try to keep it simple (the KISS method)
- What is a model?
- Why should I do a model?
- Examples of common situations where we use financial models
- Be sure to consider all this in a model:
- Financial statement analysis
- Macroeconomic variables
- Statistics and math
- Valuation techniques
- Developing the model
- How a typical model is structured
- Key things to consider
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER: Alberto Calva
- Business consultant and entrepreneur for more than 25 years.
- He established Acus Consulting in 1991.
- Expertise fields are corporate finance, strategy and economics.
- His services are business consulting, executive education and speaker.
- Some typical projects as a consultant are: investment project evaluation, project finance (PPP, P3), infrastructure projects, valuation of ongoing companies, financial and strategic analysis of companies, profitability analysis, measurement of the economic value added, cost analysis, financial modeling, financial planning.
- A large part of his professional activity is in the area of executive education in topics related with corporate finance and economics. He has trained in 8 different countries for close to 10,000 executives and entrepreneurs from more than 20 different countries in the last 25 years.
- Some of the workshops he teaches are: Finance for Non-Financial Managers (Financial Analysis and Business Strategy), Advanced Financial Analysis, Investment Project Evaluation, Foundations for the Analysis of the Economy, Measurement of Value Creation in the Firm (EVA®), and Cost Analysis for the Decision Making.
- He holds a Bachelor of Industrial Engineering, a Master of Economics, and an MBA with major in Finance.
- He has been a part time professor in two graduate business schools for 20+ years.
- He wrote and published a book of finance for business people in 1996.
- He has written more than 500 articles on finance, economics and business.
- His working languages are English and Spanish. He speaks basic French.
- Alberto lives in the Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada
- LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/calva
- Twitter: @acalva
We look forward to you joining us on the call and your active participation.
Meeting ID: 898 1117 7015
Paul Calleri, Founder of TheGAAP.net & The CPA Toronto Accounting Group
Great workshop, very valuable and inspiring. I would like to attend the workshop again………..Chiedozie Megwa
Each event is fantastic! I learn something new every time that will help me in my professional and personal life. I hope to be a regular in TheGAAP.net events. Mrigank Kabra
The workshop was very informative and well organized, covering the relevant topics and providing the right amount of content. The audience had adequate opportunity to ask questions to the speaker and interact with the fellow attendees. It was a workshop worth the time and cost. Look forward to attending the future workshops. Kul Makkar Director ITA Canada