Navigating CRA Audits; and Tax Objections & Appeals – Practice Tips – Sponsored by: Anita Pizycki CPA, CA
Navigating CRA Audits; and Tax Objections & Appeals – Practice Tips
Anita Pizycki CPA, CA
Professional Coaching Company
Free Raffle Prize: Google Home mini
Join us on Jan. 15th.
3 CPD hours
The following topics will be covered during this event:
1. Navigating Canada Revenue Agency (“CRA”) Audits
This seminar will discuss best practices for representing your clients during CRA audits. Generally, the following topics will be discussed:
- the CRA’s administrative power and its limits to demand information from taxpayers;
- the CRA’s typical audit procedures;
- the CRA’s various audit methods;
- speciality audits, such as group audit projects and the offshore compliance team;
- common mistakes made by tax advisors;
- when CRA audits are referred to CRA enforcement (criminal investigations); and,
- what can be done when CRA auditors are uncooperative or acting improperly.
Speakers: Duane Milot, LL.B. and Igor Kastelyanets, J.D. of Milot Law
2. Tax Objections & Appeals – Practice Tips
In this presentation, Peter will discuss selected topics relating to tax objections and appeals and share some practical tips on how you can help your clients maximize their chance of success.
Speaker: Peter Baek, CPA, CA, JD, TEP
This event will be held at the Donalda Club.
Location: Donald Golf Club: 12 Bushbury Dr, North York, ON M3A 2Z7 Free parking
- Cost $85.00 plus HST
- Reception (cash bar) – 5:30 p.m.
- Dinner – 6:00 p.m.
- Presentation(s) – 7:00 p.m. until 8:30/9:00 p.m., depending upon the speakers, topics and audience questions.
“I am always excited by the classy events, especially because of the ambiance of the Weston Country Club where they are held. The topics are always intriguing and I believe attending these events makes me feel well-informed! You also get to build your network by meeting so many smart people during these events. Kudos to the organizers of TheGAAP.Net for conducting phenomenal events – Looking forward to the next!!” Chinnu Jose
Great workshop, very valuable and inspiring. I would like to attend the workshop again………………….Chiedozie Megwa