Plan Cross Training Now or Be Prepared to Have to Contend to Cover Someone’s Position Later
Does your company have a policy on cross training? How about you? I learned early in my management career the pain of not cross training as follows:
- The scurrying to discover what the position was responsible for
- How the work would be distributed to our team that was already stretched to the limit
- The further difficulties of putting a job description together quickly and making plans to hire a replacement while trying to make the time to cover for it in the first place
When cross training is not followed in an organization the list of problems goes on and on.
How do you plan for cross training? What benefits have you discovered of implementing a good system of cross training?
Visit TheGAAP.net daily to be kept up to date on accounting information, trends and changes.
For years, TheGAAP.net has provided Accounting; articles, surveys, employment opportunities, resource recommendations and accounting services by some of the best known speakers, companies and authors.
Now TheGAAP.net is also the provider of up to date accounting information, trends and changes, serving Accountants and Business people interested in Accounting for their businesses.
TheGAAP.net is best known for “Filling in the Gaps for Canadian Accountants”.
Follow us as we fill in the Gaps for:
- IFRS & other accounting regulatory changes
- updated Accounting information
- changes in Accounting
- trends in Accounting
- other accounting best practices, and any other business issues affecting Accountants and Business people
We will fill the Gap by providing updates, articles, books, online resources, workshops, seminars and webinars.
IFRS is one of our specialties and our IFRS expert, Mike Morley, will provide skillful & knowledgeable direction for all. Mike Morley is a Certified Public Accountant with a recognized authority in the field of Finance including IFRS and SOX implementation. Mike Morley is also an entertaining and informative speaker, the author of IFRS Simplified and is one of the best to offer invaluable information.
Sign up today to be kept up to date on relevant accounting information, trends and changes at no cost.