Profitability Is The Name Of The Game Webinar
The Game Webinar
TheGAAP.net: Presents: Profitability Is The Name Of The Game Join us May 19th at 6:00 p.m. “PROFITABILITY IS THE NAME OF THE GAME”
3 HOUR WORKSHOP – LIVE ONLINE WORKSHOP
Why are shareholders and the Board so concerned about profitability?
What is the difference between profitability for the company versus
profitability for the shareholders?
What strategies should you implement to reach your goal in
Specific action plans?
What level of profitability should we demand from a business?
Is there a benchmark to compare with?
What is the relationship between profitability and creation of
economic value (EVA®)?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is intended for owners, VP’s, directors and senior
managers of any area of the company, who are responsible to help achieve the
right profitability for the company and for the shareholder.
How are the VP’s of marketing influencing with their strategies in the profitability of the company? Are the directors of operations making the right decisions regarding their investments to help improve the creation of economic value?
This 3 hour workshop is intended for medium and top executives that
are interested in defining better strategies to achieve a higher level of
profitability in their businesses, both for the company and for the
shareholders, as well as a larger economic value creation. After all, profitability
is the name of the game. The lack of adequate profitability could eventually
lead a company to bankruptcy.
TAKE HOME VALUE
After this 3 hour workshop the participants will gain:
a better understanding of the big picture
tools for the analysis of their own business or business unit
knowledge of how to improve the profitability measurement
clear path to define a strategy to improve profitability
benchmark to compare with and set goals for profitability
There are no prerequisites for this workshop. Have a simple calculator
with you during the workshop (no need of financial calculator at this point).
The goal of a company
Key elements in the investment and financing side
What do you have to review on a balance sheet from a strategic point
Capital employed or capital invested
Key elements in the wealth generation side
What do you have to review on an income statement from a strategic
point of view?
Net operating profit after taxes (NOPAT)
How do we measure profitability?
Profitability from the company’s point of view
Profitability from the shareholder’s point of view
Which point of view is more important?
How does leverage play in this?
Limitations in these measurements
The economic value creation (the EVA®)
Relationship of profitability and economic value creation
Strategies in business to achieve financial goals
3 hour session with a 15 minute break
WHEN AND WHERE
Wednesday, May 19, 2022. Online Live Interactive Workshop using
Zoom platform. It can be taken from almost any place in the world.
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER: Alberto Calva
ABOUT OUR SPEAKER: Alberto Calva
- Business consultant and entrepreneur for more than 25 years.
- He established Acus Consulting in 1991.
- Expertise fields are corporate finance, strategy and economics.
- His services are business consulting, executive education and speaker.
- Some typical projects as a consultant are: investment project evaluation, project finance (PPP, P3), infrastructure projects, valuation of ongoing companies, financial and strategic analysis of companies, profitability analysis, measurement of the economic value added, cost analysis, financial modeling, financial planning.
- A large part of his professional activity is in the area of executive education in topics related with corporate finance and economics. He has trained in 8 different countries for close to 10,000 executives and entrepreneurs from more than 20 different countries in the last 25 years.
- Some of the workshops he teaches are: Finance for Non-Financial Managers (Financial Analysis and Business Strategy), Advanced Financial Analysis, Investment Project Evaluation, Foundations for the Analysis of the Economy, Measurement of Value Creation in the Firm (EVA®), and Cost Analysis for the Decision Making.
- He holds a Bachelor of Industrial Engineering, a Master of Economics, and an MBA with major in Finance.
- He has been a part time professor in two graduate business schools for 20+ years.
- He wrote and published a book of finance for business people in 1996.
- He has written more than 500 articles on finance, economics and business.
- His working languages are English and Spanish. He speaks basic French.
- Alberto lives in the Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada
- LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/calva
- Twitter: @acalva
- Register Now:
Great workshop, very valuable and inspiring. I would like to attend the workshop again………..Chiedozie Megwa
Each event is fantastic! I learn something new every time that will help me in my professional and personal life. I hope to be a regular in TheGAAP.net events. Mrigank Kabra
The workshop was very informative and well organized, covering the relevant topics and providing the right amount of content. The audience had adequate opportunity to ask questions to the speaker and interact with the fellow attendees. It was a workshop worth the time and cost. Look forward to attending the future workshops. Kul Makkar Director ITA Canada