LAST CHANCE: RECRUITER NIGHT IS COMING JUNE 20, 2016!! REGISTER NOW: ONLY 6 TICKETS LEFT FOR TONIGHT
RECRUITER NIGHT IS COMING JUNE 20, 2016!! TICKETS WILL GO FAST SO RESERVE BEFORE YOU MISS OUT
This is an evening for TheGAAP.net and TFN members to speak with and hear from a host of recruiters.
The recruiters are from many firms with different perspectives about the Finance job market and managing your career. Due to the large turnout for this event we are forced to limit attendance to 60 members.
The 60 spots will be assigned on a first come first served basis to attend the event AND to pick the recruiters you sit with, SO REGISTER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. Registration must be done BEFORE the event along with a payment of $54. Anyone arriving at the event without having pre-registered will not be able to attend.
Dinner and Refreshments:
- Dinner-Lone Star buffet with steak, chicken, veggies and numerous veggie toppings ( veggie fajitas is available-request via Email to: email@example.com
- Unlimited non-alcohol beverages
- Coffee, tea, cookies
LOCATION: LONE STAR GRILL AT 930 DIXON ROAD, 2ND FLOOR,TORONTO, ON M9W 1J9
Here is an overview of the schedule for the evening:
Start: Informal networking: 6:00PM to 6:30PM
Rotation One: 6:30PM to 7:30PM and Dinner
Break to change tables: 7:30PM to 7:40PM
Rotation Two: 7:40PM to 8:30PM and Coffee/Dessert
Break to change tables: 8:30PM to 8:40PM
Rotation Three: 8:40PM to 9:30PM
Outline of the Format
- There will be one recruiter at each table and a maximum of 6 members.
- There are a variety of roles being recruited (permanent and contract) and different types of firms.
- Each recruiter will stay at their table for the entire night and the members will rotate. There will be three rotations.
- Attendees will select which recruiters they wish to meet and will sign up in advance for the recruiters of their choice.
- The Recruiter at each table will moderate the discussion.
- At each table, each person will do their elevator pitch to introduce themselves to the table. Keep it short, maximum of two minutes
- The recruiter at the table may do their elevator pitch about themselves and their practice.
- Each person at the table has an opportunity to ask the recruiter a question in turn, as they go around the table, giving every person a chance to ask questions. They will go around as many times as time permits.
- How many times they go around the table will depend on the depth of the questions.
- Should the questions start to run out at a table, I will provide a list of standard questions and issues that each Recruiter can address.
- Each segment will be 45-60 minutes;
- Time permitting, there will be a wrap up session at the end.
- The Recruiters will be totally candid about the job environment and advice given. TheGAAP.net and TFN are professional groups that treat all discussions as privileged and stays in the room. Hence nothing discussed at the event will have an impact on your career and/or job search so we encourage and expect full transparency.
- The Recruiters are open to meeting you after the event. The most likely format is a short phone call. This is up to you to initiate based on the conversation. Please don’t expect this of every recruiter. Ask based on how the discussion goes at your table.
RECRUITER PANEL CONFIRMED (listed in alphabetical order)
- Brian Alpern, Knightsbridge Interim
- Charlene Bergman, Farber Group
- Gerd Debeer, Signium
- Susan D’Souza, Sandstone Solutions Group
- Karen Finnemore, Morton Grey
- Mitch Goldstein, The Mason Group
- Jennifer Hirshfeld, Spencer Stuart
- Ron Jamieson, Grey Matter
- Tiffany Oliver, Stoakley Stewart
- Bruce Simon, Robert Half