Representing Taxpayers in Tax Disputes with CRA & Personal Pension Plans for Business Owners – Sponsored by: Stephanie Ingram Of Waverley Corporate Financial
TheGAAP.net & GTA Accountants Network
Representing Taxpayers in Tax Disputes with CRA & Personal Pension Plans for Business Owners
Waverley Corporate Financial
Free Raffle Prize: Google Home mini
Join us on Tuesday: October 23th.
2.5 CPD hours
There will be two topics covered during this event:
- Representing Taxpayers in Tax Disputes with CRA
In 2015-2016, CRA completed 31,000 small and medium enterprise income tax audits, 68,000 GST/HST audits, and reviewed over 715,000 payroll accounts. Nearly half of taxpayers are unrepresented in Tax Court and likely at earlier stages also. This seminar gives you an overview of the tax disputes process from audit through Tax Court and collections.
- Audit – how to reduce the risks
- Objection – time limits, conditions, and skipping it
- Tax Court – how to file an appeal and present the case. (Accountants can represent taxpayers in the Informal Procedure for disputes of nearly $250,000 of small business income or about $135,000 of personal income per tax year and almost $400,000 of GST taxable supplies.)
- Collection – CRA powers and how to deal with them, including garnishment, and “memo assessments” against related parties of tax debtors or directors of corporations
- Other remedies – taxpayer relief for interest and penalties, 10-year T1 adjustments, remission orders, and bankruptcy proposals
Speaker: Richard Yasny, LL.B., LL.M.
- Personal Pension Plans for Business OwnersSpeaker: Jean-Pierre A. Laporte, M.A., J.D. (of the Bar of Ontario) of INTEGRIS Pension Management Corp.
This event will be held at the Donalda Club. The structure of the event is as follows:
- Reception (cash bar) – 5:30 p.m.
- Dinner – 6:00 p.m.
- Presentation(s) – 7:00 p.m. until 8:30/9:00 p.m., depending upon the speakers, topics and audience questions.
The cost of the seminar and dinner is $85 (+tax), You will earn 3.0 hours of PD credits when you attend a session. We are pleased to offer an easy, inexpensive and enjoyable way to meet your PD requirements.