Request for Issues – IFRS Discussion Group
Submit an Issue to the IFRS Discussion Group
As reported by The Standard.
Members of the public are encouraged to submit issues for possible consideration by the Accounting Standard Board (AcSB) IFRS Discussion Group.
For an issue to be considered for a meeting, it must be submitted, in writing, six weeks prior to an upcoming meeting. If a submission is received less than six weeks prior to an upcoming meeting, it will be considered for the Group’s next scheduled meeting.
- Identify the issue in two sentences or less.
- Describe current or emerging Canadian accounting practices, outlining:
- the major alternatives;
- the relevant IFRSs; and
- any influences on the practices that might be unique to Canada, including regulatory or legislative requirements.
- Explain how the issue meets the Group’s agenda criteria:
- Does the issue arise from the application of IFRSs in Canada?
- Is the issue widespread in Canada (i.e., either widespread within an industry or across various industries)?
- Is there divergent practice, or the potential for divergent practice, within Canada?
Visit TheGAAP.net daily to be kept up to date on accounting information, trends and changes.
For years, TheGAAP.net has provided Accounting; articles, surveys, employment opportunities, resource recommendations and accounting services by some of the best known speakers, companies and authors.
Now TheGAAP.net is also the provider of up to date accounting information, trends and changes, serving Accountants and Business people interested in Accounting for their businesses.
TheGAAP.net is best known for â€œFilling in the Gaps for Canadian Accountantsâ€.
Follow us as we fill in the Gaps for:
- IFRS & other accounting regulatory changes
- updated Accounting information
- changes in Accounting
- trends in Accounting
- other accounting best practices, and any other business issues affecting Accountants and Business people
We will fill the Gap by providing updates, articles, books, online resources, workshops, seminars and webinars.
IFRS is one of our specialties and our IFRS expert, Mike Morley, will provide skillful & knowledgeable direction for all. Mike Morley is a Certified Public Accountant with a recognized authority in the field of Finance including IFRS and SOX implementation. Mike Morley is also an entertaining and informative speaker, the author of IFRS Simplified and is one of the best to offer invaluable information.
Sign up today to be kept up to date on relevant accounting information, trends and changes at no cost.