Senior Accountant (CA/CPA) – Public Accounting Firm: Needed Immediately – Min $100K
Job Description re: Public Accountant (CA/CPA)
Well established (since 1953) small 2x partner Toronto public accounting firm with 6 employees is looking to hire both a senior accountant (CA/CPA) (min 100K) and an intermediate accountant (max 75K) with at least 2 years public accounting experience. Excellent command of the English language is a must.
- Assist clients in a wide variety of industries including construction, retail, wholesale etc.
- Manage a team of 2 to 3 people, including work delegation
- Plan, supervise and review multiple, simultaneous financial statement engagements (audit, review and compilation) to meet client deadlines and fulfill requirements of assurance standards
- Assist clients in mitigating risk by reviewing corporate, personal, trust, HST, partnership, charity and non-resident tax returns identifying possible tax problems and planning opportunities and resolve in consultation with firm tax department
- Provide support and assistance to clients involved in tax disputes by reviewing assessments, preparing responses to, and communicating/resolving issues with Canada Revenue Agency.
- Plan, organize and implement policies and procedures for processing (preparation, printing and assembly) of between 500/700 personal tax returns during March and April each year
- Manage trust and estate administration including bookkeeping and special reports required for court filings, tax return preparation and filing, and assisting estate executors for fulfilling will requirements
- Designed and implemented transition from paper to electronic accounting engagement files, coordinated switch to electronic filing of corporate tax returns; internal software resource person
Mail resume and cover letter to:
Visit TheGAAP.net daily to be kept up to date on accounting information, trends and changes.
Visit also for your CPD needs:
TheGAAP.net is the provider of up to date accounting information, trends and changes, serving Accountants and Business people interested in Accounting for their businesses.
Thank you for making TheGAAP.net your source for keeping up to date on accounting.