TheGAAP.net & GTA Accountants Network present The Great Resignation – Retention in a hybrid workspace – Sponsored by ADP Canada
The Great Resignation
Raffle: Fire TV Stick 4K Max streaming device, Wi-Fi 6, Alexa Voice Remote
Join us on April 14 at 11:00 AM
2 CPD hours
The Great Resignation or Big Quit currently occurring in the US is a strong indicator of the challenges of retaining talent in a hybrid workplace. It has taught us that a hybrid workplace needs a different organizational culture. Understanding how your organizational culture needs to evolve in this new normal is critical to developing and retaining employees.
In this webinar, we will explore:
- How the Great Resignation reflects the challenges of retaining talent in the current environment
- Research on what the new workforce sees as essential to workplace happiness
- How to improve employee retention by building a strong social and learning culture in a hybrid work environment
About the Instructor(s)
Garth Sheriff, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois), CIA, CGMA, MAcc, is the founder of Sheriff Consulting (sheriffconsulting.com) and Sheriff Consulting Online (online.sheriffconsulting.com).
We specialize in the design and delivery of assurance, accounting, and communication skill professional development courses. The mission of Sheriff Consulting is to provide an engaging approach to your professional development.
Our courses are designed using the latest in communication research and current technical developments that affect our profession. This includes:
1. Helping professionals navigate the most significant changes to the accounting and assurance standards in the last 40 years.
2. Using current research to improve business communication skills such as working with diverse multigenerational teams.
3. Understanding how transformative technology such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence will impact our profession.
Garth has worked as an assurance professional and learning provider for over 20 years. He has prepared and trained CPAs for key changes to the profession, including internal control documentation (SOX), Canadian Auditing Standards (CAS) and Canadian Standards on Review Engagements 2400 (CSRE 2400).
He earned a Master of Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours – Accounting) from the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is a member of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPAO), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).