IFRS and global standards: A Canadian perspective
View the video recording of the IFRS Foundation Trustees and the Canadian Accounting Standards Oversight Council (AsSOC) joint event to discuss Canada’s perspective on IFRS and global standards.
The video recording is as follows:
Video Time Presenter
00:00 Opening: Linda Mezon, Chair of the Canadian Accounting Standards Board
08:45 Eulogy to Harvey Goldschmid: Michel Prada, Chairman of the IFRS Foundation
16:30 Keynote speech: Hans Hoogervorst, Chairman of the IASB
33:00 Panel discussion: IFRS and Global Standards: A Canadian Perspective
The IFRS Foundation Trustees and the Canadian Accounting Standards Oversight Council (AsSOC) members involved in the event are as follows:
- Kevin Nye (Moderator): Chairman, Canadian Accounting Standards Oversight Council
- Hans Hoogervorst: Chairman of the IASB
- Douglas Hyndman: Chairman and CEO, Canadian Securities Transition Office
- Barbara Stymiest: Corporate Director of Blackberry, George Weston and Sun Life Financial Inc.
- Bill McFarland: CEO, PwC Canada
- Brad Darling: Portfolio Manager, Public Equities, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Planujh
Please follow to watch the video.
Can you watch the video & give your feedback here so other members of TheGAAP.net can view?
Can you comment on what your main take-away was?