Budget 2015 – Department of Finance – News Release
The Minister of Finance: Joe Oliver tabled Economic Action Plan 2015
- The deficit has been reduced from $55.6 billion at the height of the Great Recession to a projected surplus of $1.4 billion for 2015–16.
- Reduced the small business tax rate to 9 per cent by 2019
- Provided manufacturers with a 10-year accelerated capital cost allowance to encourage productivity-enhancing investment in machinery and equipment.
- Increased the Lifetime Capital Gains Exemption to $1 million for owners of farm and fishing businesses.
- Improved access to financing for Canadian small businesses through the Canada Small Business Financing Program.
- Expanded the services offered through the Business Development Bank of Canada and Export Development Canada to help small and medium-sized businesses.
- Provided $14 million over two years to Futurpreneur Canada in support of young entrepreneurs.
- Supported the Action Plan for Women Entrepreneurs to help women business owners succeed.
Please post your comments about the budget.
Follow for the full budget: http://www.budget.gc.ca/2015/docs/nrc/2015-04-21-e.pdf